FIND YOUR CAREER
Our Mission isn’t to be the fastest or the cheapest; we want to be the best
Agilx offers a great work environment, flexible time options and a competitive salary.
Mid-Level Software Developer
May 19, 2020
Position: FULL TIME / 40hrs week
Compensation: Competitive based on experience
Agilx is seeking a motivated and self-starting individual for the role of Mid-Level Developer. A successful individual in this role must be able to work on projects that involve challenging system solutions. You will need to provide a lead role in its development and work with a Team Lead to implement and design a solution. Your goal is to be a go-to-developer that can provide guidance to entry level developers and complete projects that are outside the normal standard solutions.
This developer should be seen as a rock-solid contributor who is a master of their specific domain.
Agilx offers a great work environment with an open floor plan and casual atmosphere. We are dedicated to the highest levels of quality excellence for our clients. Attention to detail is paramount while we work with our clients in an ever-changing agile environment to ensure full satisfaction on deliverables. Flexibility is key to our success.
Job Duties Include
- Owning technical design for projects of moderate complexity.
- Understanding the tradeoffs in creating good software in their area.
- Breaking large requests down to tasks that can be comprehended by the team.
- Going above and beyond to try and meet the requested deadlines.
- Removing roadblocks.
- Writing consistently high-quality code.
- Awareness of industry best practices and trends.
- Responsibility for complex tasks and completing them despite roadblocks, grabbing others for help or insight as necessary.
- Seeking evidence to support their ideas and start to build cases for these ideas.
- Delivering products to QA that are well-baked and bug-free.
- End-to-end responsibility for projects of increasing complexity that encompass more than their own development.
- Contributing to the common code bases and standards for the team.
- Understanding the business that their code supports, and possessing empathy for the users of their software, using this understanding to influence their task prioritization.
- Assisting QA in identifying and validating test cases and can identify regression risks in their features.
- Participate extensively in code reviews, and mentor others via code reviews and pairing.
- Identify problems with requirements and help their team course-correct around these issues.
Essential Requirements in a Qualified Candidate
- 3-6 years of experience
- Willing to learn new skills and work on projects outside of what’s comfortable
- Is a go-to developer for any technical assistance
- Holds a depth of knowledge in systems that enables them to debug those systems effectively without failing
- Have acquired at least one major skill outside of programming such as monitoring, performance optimization, documentation, integration testing, visual design
- Require very little oversight beyond high-level direction; they can take a complex user story, break it down into sub-tasks, and complete their sub-tasks with relative ease
- Shows initiative beyond knocking tasks off a list; able to identify and suggest areas of future work for themselves or their teams
- In general, they can identify risks in code, features, and design, and communicate these to the appropriate parties
- Known outside of their core team as a technology leader
- Work effectively with non-tech members
This is an in-office position that will require daily attendance at our Lincoln, Nebraska office. Please no applications for remote positions.
Interested in working with us? Contact us to setup a meeting: (402) 817-4313.
Software Engineer, Software Developer Programmer (Internship)
December 20, 2019
All of our internship positions are currently filled. If you’re interested in pursuing an internship at Agilx, please check back in the spring as we prepare to hire new interns for the summer months. We look forward to working with you in the future!