FIND YOUR CAREER
Our Mission isn’t to be the fastest or the cheapest; we want to be the best
Agilx offers a great work environment, flexible time options and a competitive salary.
August 17, 2020
Position: FULL TIME / 40 hrs per week
Compensation: Competitive based on experience
Agilx is seeking a motivated and self-starting individual for the role of Mid-Level Developer. A successful individual in this role must be able to work on projects that involve challenging system solutions. You will need to provide a lead role in its development and work with a Team Lead to implement and design a solution. Your goal is to be a go-to developer that can provide guidance to entry level developers and complete projects that are outside the normal standard solutions.
This developer should be seen as a rock-solid contributor who is a master of their specific domain.
Agilx offers a great work environment with an open floor plan and casual atmosphere. We are dedicated to the highest levels of quality excellence for our clients. Attention to detail is paramount while we work with our clients in an ever-changing agile environment to ensure full satisfaction on deliverables. Flexibility is key to our success.
Job Duties Include:
- Owning technical design for projects of moderate complexity.
- Understanding the tradeoffs in creating good software in their area.
- Breaking large requests down to tasks that can be comprehended by the team.
- Going above and beyond to try and meet the requested deadlines.
- Removing roadblocks.
- Writing consistently high-quality code.
- Awareness of industry best practices and trends.
- Responsibility for complex tasks and completing them despite roadblocks, grabbing others for help or insight as necessary.
- Seeking evidence to support their ideas and start to build cases for these ideas.
- Delivering products to QA that are well-baked and bug-free.
- End-to-end responsibility for projects of increasing complexity that encompass more than their own development.
- Contributing to the common code bases and standards for the team.
- Understanding the business that their code supports, and possessing empathy for the users of their software, using this understanding to influence their task prioritization.
- Assisting QA in identifying and validating test cases and identifying regression risks in their features.
- Participate extensively in code reviews, and mentor others via code reviews and pairing.
- Identify problems with requirements and help their team course-correct around these issues.
Essential Requirements of a Qualified Candidate:
- 3-6 years of experience
- Willing to learn new skills and work on projects outside of what’s comfortable.
- Is a go-to developer for any technical assistance.
- Holds a depth of knowledge in systems that enables them to debug those systems effectively, without failing.
- Have acquired at least one major skill outside of programming, such as monitoring, performance optimization, documentation, integration testing, visual design, etc.
- Require very little oversight beyond high-level direction; they can take a complex user story, break it down into sub-tasks, and complete their sub-tasks with relative ease.
- Shows initiative beyond knocking tasks off a list; able to identify and suggest areas of future work for themselves or their teams.
- In general, they can identify risks in code, features, and design, and communicate these to the appropriate parties.
- Known outside of their core team as a technology leader.
- Work effectively with non-tech members.
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation
- Company paid lunches
- Company retirement plan with matching
- Paid sick leave
- Company paid continuing education
- The best hardware and software tools
- Regular team outings and company holiday party
- Performance based bonuses
- Profit sharing
Agilx develops line of business applications for clients across the US. We are currently working on some very interesting projects and are looking for someone who is interested in working in a start-up, entrepreneurial environment. If you love creating software and working on a variety of projects across multiple industries, Agilx is the place for you.
This is an in-office position that will require daily attendance at our Lincoln, Nebraska office. Please do not submit applications for remote positions.
Software Engineer, Software Developer Programmer (Internship)
August 17, 2020
Due to COVID-19 concerns, we will not be hiring new interns for the fall. If you’re interested in pursuing an internship at Agilx, please check back at the beginning of the year as we typically hire new interns at the beginning of each semester. We look forward to working with you in the future!